How To Make Mojito Cocktail Drink
Mojito is a very common Cuban cocktail made with only the finest ingredients. In fact, it was even Ernest Hemmingway’s favorite drink. And as of late, it has become one of the most popular tropical cocktails around.
A Mojito cocktail is a fabulous blend of fresh mint and a touch of lime coupled with the light accent of rum. And of course, premium rum makes an elegant and remarkable cocktail. Some of the best premium Cuban rums include Havana Club and Bacardi. You can also use other premium rums like Appleton, Cruzan or Mount Gay.
Although there a numerous variations of the Mojito cocktail, the five main ingredients are mint, lime, rum, powdered sugar and club soda. However, the secret to making the perfect Mojito cocktail is in the muddling of the mint and lime.
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tablespoons white sugar, to taste
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3-4 fluid ounces white rum
- 1 cup club soda
- Put the mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass or a special Mojito glass. Using a Mojito muddler, crush the mint and lime so that the mint oils and lime juice are released.
- Add the sugar and 2 more lime wedges. Again, use the muddler release the juice of the lime.
- Make sure and not to strain the mixture! Instead, fill the glass with ice leaving enough room for the rum.
- Artfully, pour the rum over the ice then fill with club soda.
- Stir and add more sugar if desired.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
- You can also substitute the club soda with tonic water. Though, the flavor will be a little bitter.
- Mojito Glass with Wooden Muddler