Caribbean Style Chicken Quesadillas with Cheese
Caribbean style chicken quesadillas with cheese are absolutely amazing! They are not the typical plain quesadillas but have a wonderful combination of extra scrumptious ingredients. This Caribbean version of chicken quesadillas are filled with gooey Swiss cheese, a tad of bacon, pineapple for a touch of sweetness and seasoned with the perfect amount of honey mustard.
Caribbean style chicken quesadillas are a wonderful meal for all festivities like birthday parties, picnics, pot lucks and afternoon snacks. They are simple to prepare and are a big hit with everyone.
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons pineapple preserves, to taste
- 8 flour tortillas, (10 inch tortillas work best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple (bite sized pieces), drained
- In a small bowl, mix the honey mustard and pineapple preserves until well combined. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 of the tortillas. Spread the mixture evenly over the top leaving a 1 inch border without the mixture on the edges.
- Evenly divide and place the Swiss cheese, chicken and bacon over the pineapple mixture. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas to make quesadillas.
- Preheat oven to 250°F (121C°).
- Heat a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Melt a small portion of butter in the saucepan. Tilt the pan so the surface is evenly covered with butter.
- When the saucepan is heated, fry one quesadillas at a time. Cook each side for about 1 ½ minutes or until lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Continue cooking the rest of the quesadillas. As you continue cooking, place the finished quesadillas in the oven to keep warm.
- Slice each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Arrange the quesadillas on a plate with pineapple pieces in the center.
- Serve hot.
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan